Karen Le Mar
I am a qualified counsellor in Palmerston North. I’m a provisional member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors (NZAC).
I was born in England and emigrated with my family from the UK in 2005. I live and work in Palmerston North. I have a background in nursing and added mental health to my nursing scope of practice in 2016. I am currently in private practice providing professional supervision for nurses.
- Registered Nurse
- Master of Nursing (hons).
- PG Cert Health Sciences (Professional Supervision)
- Certificate in Preceptorship
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling Practice,
- HNC Counselling Skills (UK).
- Diploma in Reflexology
Additional training in:
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy- Level 1
- Small Figure Work
Registrations and Memberships
- Nursing Council of New Zealand
- Provisional Member registered with New Zealand Association of Counsellors (NZAC)
- Reflexology NZ
- New Zealand Nurses Organisation
Other online profiles:
I have held a Certificate in Counselling Skills for over 20 years and have incorporated this learning into my nursing practice over the years.
In 2015, I completed a Graduate Diploma in Counselling Practice, which has enabled me, as a qualified counsellor, to meet the criteria of New Zealand Association of Counsellors (NZAC) and become a provisional member registered with NZAC.
I am committed to working with people in a way that is meaningful to them and continue to engage in professional development to enhance my practice. Also, to this end I provide a calm supportive environment in a quiet residential area.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or if you would like to make an appointment.
Karen Le Mar
Pitama Rd, Awapuni, 4412 Palmerston North